People are strange
…and so is this city!
9 stories ranging from the strange and fun to the weird and dark, all set in Portsmouth – the UK’s only island city.
From hauntings both serious and comic, through a psychopath’s hallucinations, a chance meeting with a mythical being, to inexplicable life-enhancing events, in these pages you will find:
– A spoiled aristocrat who faces a ghoulish come-uppance
– A secret world beneath the city’s streets
– A mermaid and time-travelling cats
– A brilliant detective caught red-handed
– A crime investigated by Arthur Conan Doyle’s ghost
– A killer forever on the run
– A journalist who makes a meal of himself
– A puppet who pulls all the strings
Be they historic fiction, modern comedy, horror or fantasy, these weird tales will keep you guessing all the way.
Includes 7 short stories and 2 novellas with one thing in common: the city where the action takes place!
Cover illustration “Eclipse” (c) 2023 Gerardo Silva