- Holmes Fest
- Search Results
- Talks, Workshops, Classes
- Portsmouth The Home of Great Writing I: Public Talk
- Conan Doyle and the Mysterious World of Light by Matt Wingett: Public Talk
- Recollections of John Pounds by Henry Hawkes: Public Talk
- Lake Allen’s A History of Portsmouth: Public Talk
- By Celia’s Arbour by Walter Besant: Public Talk
- Creative Writing Workshop – The short story
- Writing for TV – Creating a script from scratch – Workshop
- About Me
Arthur – my story for Holmes Fest 2017
Arthur is a light piece about being married to a writer. In it we meet the long suffering wife of ACD, and hear her thoughts on his passion for words. As we hear, the life of being married to the man who would become one of the most famous writers in the world is not all fun. There are, as in many houses, pants on the floor that men ignore!
About Zella Compton
Zella Compton is a playwright, columnist, novelist and occasional poet. She is widely published and a Creative Lab Associate Artist with the New Theatre Royal, Portsmouth. Having recently completed a musical commission for Hampshire Music Service – Ambition – Zella is currently funded by the Arts Council as Mary Rose Museum’s Playwright in Residence. She teaches creative writing at the NTR and for Authors Abroad (agency).
In 2017, Zella will be writing a piece about the Mary Rose, and has several other writing projects in the pipeline.
Plays: Five Beaches, How to be a Girl, Genghis, The Girl in the Hood, Brotherly Love, The Devil’s Rope (all published by Resources4drama)
Books: The Ten Rules of Skimming (published by Mogzilla)
Portsmouth Fairy Tales (published by Life Is Amazing)
Print: The News, The Times, The Sun, The Herald, Build It, Golfers Guide to Scotland, Your Wedding, Hiya!, Professional Builders Merchant, Professional Builder plus many more titles.