- Holmes Fest
- Search Results
- Talks, Workshops, Classes
- Portsmouth The Home of Great Writing I: Public Talk
- Conan Doyle and the Mysterious World of Light by Matt Wingett: Public Talk
- Recollections of John Pounds by Henry Hawkes: Public Talk
- Lake Allen’s A History of Portsmouth: Public Talk
- By Celia’s Arbour by Walter Besant: Public Talk
- Creative Writing Workshop – The short story
- Writing for TV – Creating a script from scratch – Workshop
- About Me
Writing for TV – Creating a script from scratch – Workshop
Drawing on his previous experience writing for ITV’s The Bill, Matt Wingett will show a class the foundations of scriptwriting. From the premise to the storyline to the full script, the class will discover exactly what is needed to make a script work. Scene construction, driving narrative, characterisation, research, plot advancement, structure, emotional resonance and how to draw these elements together to make a script work as a full story will be covered.
Writing for TV – Creating a script from scratch can be offered as a single introductory workshop, or as a series of workshops to help you bring a script to life.
Along the way, you will discover the fundamentals of script creation, so you know how to take your ideas forward with certainty and confidence.