- Holmes Fest 2017
- Search Results
- Talks, Workshops, Classes
- Portsmouth The Home of Great Writing I: Public Talk
- Conan Doyle and the Mysterious World of Light by Matt Wingett: Public Talk
- Recollections of John Pounds by Henry Hawkes: Public Talk
- Lake Allen’s A History of Portsmouth: Public Talk
- By Celia’s Arbour by Walter Besant: Public Talk
- Creative Writing Workshop – The short story
- Writing for TV – Creating a script from scratch – Workshop
- About Me
10 brilliantly talented storytellers will be joined by musicians, a projectionist and a duellist on Wednesday 28th June at the Square Tower to celebrate Arthur Conan Doyle’s life in Portsmouth.
The writers who will be regaling us with their stories include internationally published authors of Victorian crime fiction, local authors with a knack for spinning the perfect yarn and song writers, too.
The story tellers are:
- William George Sutton – creator of the Campbell Lawless series of crime novels
- Diana Bretherick – doctor of criminology and author of City of Devils and The Devil’s Daughters
- Tony Noon – experienced storyteller well-known for his appearances at the Square Tower’s Day of the Dead event
- Justin MacCormack – prolific author across genres, with a wicked sense of humour and a sense of the creepy
- Christine Lawrence – author of Caught In The Web, with a unique brand of story-telling
- Alan Morris – joyous performer who loves to dress up in Victorian gear and regale us with something unexpected
- Zella Compton – playwright, short story writer, News columnist and children’s novelist
- Charlotte Comley – organiser of Lovedean Writers’ Group and one of the funniest, wryest and most brilliant tale tellers in the south.
- Amanda Garrie – smooth deliverer of intriguing tales.
Find out more about the musicians and the duellists, soon.